Did you know that any vehicle driven by a learner driver must display red L-Plates.
Exceptionally in Wales, you can use also red D-plates.
L plates must be clearly visible to others from in front and behind of the vehicle.
When do I need L plates?
Here are the L plates rules:
- Use in any vehicle if driven by a learner
- Place them in front of the vehicle and behind
- Remove the L plates or cover them if the vehicle isn't being driven by a learner
Where to get L plates?
Order your L plates here:
- Fully magnetic L-plates
- Motorcycle L-Plates Rigid Front & Rear Kit
- With fittings for attaching to front and rear of a motorcycle or moped
Using L plates
Remember that you may get up to six penalty points if you don’t display an L plate on your vehicle. Also you may get £60 fine if the L plates are not used. It is also important to use them for safety reasons. Place one of the L plate to the front of the vehicle and one to rear.
After you have passed your driving test, you can use P plates. Using P plates is not mandatory.