DVLA driving test

DVSA driving test (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) is a test for applying your provisional driving licence.

How to apply for the first provisional driving licence?

Learning to drive a car, motorcycle or moped?

You'll need to have passed driving theory test before you can take DVSA driving test. 

What to take to driving test?

  • Driving licence (UK)
  • Theory test pass certificate
  • Car

To apply online for the first provisional driving licence (car, motorcycle or moped)

  • You need to meet the minimum age requirement (17th birthday for car, 16th birthday for moped and motorcycle).
  • You need to be a resident of Great Britain. 
  • You should not be prevented from driving for any reason.
  • You need to meet the minimum eyesight requirement.
  • You need to provide addresses where you have lived for the last three years.
  • You need to have a valid Unite Kingdom passport or other form of identity.
  • You need to pay £50  
  • have your National Insurance number if known


Documents needed at DVLA driving test

  • Theory test pass certificate or confirmation if you are not exempt from taking the theory test.
  • You need to take both parts of your driving licence (photocard and the paper counterpart)

Lost driving licence 

If you lose your driving licence, don't worry you just need to apply for replacement. Applying for replacement of the lost driving licence, can take about two weeks. So be sure that you arrange your theory test so that you can get your replacement. To apply for a replacement for your driving licence, use this link:  Replace licence